Is this recycling container safe to use as ATO storage?

drukkosz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
302
Reaction score
429
Location
Twinsburg
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have been looking for 10g container for RODI storage for new frag tank. Found this at HD but was wondering if there is anything that might leak from it to the water? The size is perfect for my space.
thank you

 
What’s the bottom stamped? Best guess is it’s HDPE which is fine.
 
What material is it made from? Thats what matters, and without knowing that its hard to give an accurate answer
 
The product page doesn’t say, best to check stamp at the bottom
IMG_0276.jpeg
 
Thank you. I will check the bottom when get home and update the thread. Appreciate the responses.
 
My only comment would be with an open top like that things can drop into the bucket and also it will evaporate more. I use an old 5 gallon fish tank with lid for my ATO.
 
My only comment would be with an open top like that things can drop into the bucket and also it will evaporate more. I use an old 5 gallon fish tank with lid for my ATO.

I usually use these for ATO as they are dirt cheap and stack.
IMG_3417.jpeg
 
My only comment would be with an open top like that things can drop into the bucket and also it will evaporate more. I use an old 5 gallon fish tank with lid for my ATO.
Planning to make a lid for it using some acrylic I have laying around.
 
Bottom of the container has stamped 5PP and 4 LDPE/

Thank you all for your help
 
+1 in for needing a lid.
A 5 Gallon bucket with lid, or a old salt bucket with a few holes drilled on the lid so its not air tight, would also work.

Im sure people have 180gal salt mix buckets unless your buying all your water at the LFS.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top