Is this too much sand for my fluval Evo 13.5?

Asian Hurricane

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2019
Messages
72
Reaction score
30
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all,

I just started this hobby and I am wondering if I put too much sand into my tank? It said I should add about 1 inch and it's approx between 1-1.3 inches at times. I wanted to know everyone's opinion, should I remove some sand? Thanks!

20191130_082806.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!! I think the sand it at a perfect level. But honestly it’s personal preference and what you are striving to accomplish!!!
 
Hi all,

I just started this hobby and I am wondering if I put too much sand into my tank? It said I should add about 1 inch and it's approx between 1-1.3 inches at times. I wanted to know everyone's opinion, should I remove some sand? Thanks!

20191130_082806.jpg
that looks like exactly how much I put in my 13.5. Very nice start. Keep it just like you have it!
 
Thanks everyone! I guess I saw other tanks and the sand seemed thinner so I wasn’t sure. I thought it looked pretty good but I wanted to make sure it was alright since I'm new at all of this. Since you all think its alright I’m going to go ahead and keep it like it is. Thanks again!
 
Welcome to the addiction!

And yes, that will be just fine. You will find tanks with anywhere from no sand at all to 6+". Whatever looks good to you is exactly how much you should use.
 
Although I normally go thinner, what is in the picture looks fine to me. Good luck and feel free to ask when you’re not sure!
 
Howdy
Looks fine to me
You will lose some over time if you vacuum the sand bed
Powerheads will blow it around
It will be forever changing
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top