Is This Velvet or a Bacterial Infection??

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
2,903
Reaction score
16,488
Location
Peoria, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the best photo I could take and need some help with diagnosis.
  • The big white blotch behind his eye actually looks light tan and rather scaly. In the morning he looks pasty and rather white/velvety.
  • His color looks much better as the day progresses but the tan spot is always there.
  • He sometimes looks twitchy but doesn't rub against rocks.
  • He is eating just fine.
  • No problems breathing.
  • I've had him for three weeks and this just started about two days ago.
  • My tank water is testing just fine.
  • I need to know if I should panic. I got him from a friend's tank and didn't quarantine -- a life lesson learned here.
  • Sick Tang 18.jpg
 
Doesn't look/sound like velvet. Could be stress or HLLE. Any aggression? Good water quality, vitamin enriched foods and keep observing, sometimes will go away. Also if possible a less blurry pic would help. Good luck!
 
Doesn't look/sound like velvet. Could be stress or HLLE. Any aggression? Good water quality, vitamin enriched foods and keep observing, sometimes will go away. Also if possible a less blurry pic would help. Good luck!
No Aggression. Life is going on as normal. All my other fish look great -- but they have been with me for quite awhile. Yeah...the photo stinks. Believe it or not it was my best out of about twelve shots. The guy just didn't want to stop to pose for me. ;) Thanks.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top