Isaac's CADE 1500s2/ Peninsula Reef Build

46ml of Prazi.
IMG_5960.JPG


Skimmer went nuts within a minute...

IMG_5962.JPG
 
Got my dual Nori feeder from https://octoaquatics.com/. These are slower starting magnets and work well on the Cade. I need a stronger solution since my large rabbit fish pulls the TwoLittleFishies one of the glass


IMG_5991.jpeg


The clip design is interesting. I hope they last. But it’s an all acrylic rocking snap that locks. Not like the plastic spring of the TwoLittleFishies.



IMG_5990.jpeg


IMG_5992.jpeg


I do love that there is a double holder

IMG_5993.jpeg


And the soft glass protecting material on both sides …

IMG_5994.jpeg


she can’t pull it off..

IMG_5997.jpeg


the only con is that it doesn’t float off the clip gets detached by you.
 
72 hours with Prazi in DT and all signs of worms are gone. No black spots or squiggly lines on the chocolate:

IMG_6020.jpeg


And a ~14% water change got the skimmer back on track:

​
Glad things took a turn for the best!
 
Following up on the Molly conversion.


I have converted Petco/Petsmart Mollies easily with a 10 hour drip. But I think not all Poecilia latipinna are created equal. I tried doing these Gold Panda Lyretail Mollies this time along with a group of Dalmation colored ones. All Dalmation colors are doing great. But all Gold Pandas died in the holding tank at a salinity of 1.025. So something is up with that strain.

Just FYI.
 
Following up on the Molly conversion.


I have converted Petco/Petsmart Mollies easily with a 10 hour drip. But I think not all Poecilia latipinna are created equal. I tried doing these Gold Panda Lyretail Mollies this time along with a group of Dalmation colored ones. All Dalmation colors are doing great. But all Gold Pandas died in the holding tank at a salinity of 1.025. So something is up with that strain.

Just FYI.
They have said Dalmations are the best candidates for the transition
 
FTS from May 26-2023


​
Currently seeing a lot of algae growth. It could be from the Prazi in tank treatment. But the system has stabilized. The Refugium was packed dense so maybe after cutting out most of the Chaeto yesterday it’ll compete more with the algae.

I should also note that I did order a double pack of @AlgaeBarn pincushion urchins. I had a good amount of rewards points leftover which I happily used.
 
FTS from May 26-2023


​
Currently seeing a lot of algae growth. It could be from the Prazi in tank treatment. But the system has stabilized. The Refugium was packed dense so maybe after cutting out most of the Chaeto yesterday it’ll compete more with the algae.
Looking amazing! Your fish looks so good! How big is that Foxface now?
 
I tried increasing center surface flow from the overflow side of the tank by trying to get some heavy duty water proof magnets from https://octoaquatics.com/ and getting a Maxspect 330 gyre to mount on the overflow.

IMG_6030.jpeg


IMG_6029.jpeg


IMG_6032.jpeg


But the pump is too heavy and the Cade overflow glass is too thick.


Plan b…

I picked up a Nero 7 from my distributor buddy. It should be in my hands tomorrow or Thursday. I have a feeling that the Nero 7 pump will be significantly lighter than the gyre 330. I hope it works. I like the Ai wave controls better than the Maxspect controller regardless. Better yet, I’ll be able to use Mobius to sync the flow with the MP60s.

I’ll journal how it goes here…
 
I've been frustrated the last few weeks with my Cade's water level. Today was the day I was going to fix it; since installing the Nero 7 onto the overflow box made it apparent that I need more air space between the surface and the netting cover.

I was trying everything ... slowing down the Vectra, adjusting the overflow valve and scrubbing the top weirs clean. And then I saw it -- The bottom weir. I completely forgot that the Cade overflow has two weirs: a top one (standard) and a bottom one that sweeps water from below. And of course it was completely covered in algae.

So I zip tied a toothbrush to my trusty 72" fiberglass reflective rod from Home Depot and scrubbed away.

Of course that fixed the issue i've been having for weeks. Now i have a good 1.5" of surface clearance again.

Happy reefing.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top