Isn't there anybody you can join the party?

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
2,104
Reaction score
2,799
Location
Lynn, Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my system I have some rather invertebrate unfriendly fish. Namely the 6 inch of Australian harlequin tusk and a Porky Pine puffer.

Over the years I've tried the typical cleanup crew consisting of snails and crabs. I did this knowing that likely most members of the crew not survive and become small snacks. Largely this is been true however still to this date I have large turbo snail, one nassarius snail and one hermit crab still going strong.

My question is does anyone think there's any chance that maybe more of an oddball cleanup crew member can survive have clean the uneaten food and detritus that's forming all the time on the sand bed?

Some of the candidates to consider include:

Urchins

Stars

Sea hare/slugs

Conch

Others???
 
Tough call.
It's like swimming with the sharks and finding a bathing suit you wear and not eat you.
Everything but snails would work in your tank.
A small pump and do a weekly WC but blow the detritus of the rock and sand first before you suck it our with a 30% WC.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top