It finally arrived. Innovative Marine 75 EXT new build thread.

B&CinB.C.

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 20, 2024
Messages
280
Reaction score
1,762
Location
B.C. Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it finally arrived. From Toronto to Vancouver Island and it made it unbroken. The stand build went well. I sure like the aluminum stand better than the MDF stands I've had in the past. The tank is on and perfectly level. The plumbing is done and has been leak tested. I am already thinking about taking a step backwards and putting in a second return pump. Opinions on that??? I've never had an aquarium with a sump before. There's 60 lbs of Caribsea Liferock sitting here so we can get started on the aquascaping .Not sure It's going to be enough though. I think this is going to be an exercise in patience as this build is going to have to continue as budget and time allow.

Fishtank.jpg fishtank 1.jpg fishtank 2.jpg
 
Yep looks really good enjoy your journey
 
I have the same tank, love the free space inside with the external overflow. im sure you'll enjoy it as well, quality built tank. second return pump can't hurt but its difficult to get both plumbed given the space inside some sumps. I just have a backup ready to go when the time comes. staying with a budget is definitely a good idea. not hard to get in deep with the cost of equipment and accessories in this hobby. good luck!
 
Great looking tank, can't wait to see it stocked with all sorts of livestock!
 
That is a pretty set up! Very clean, I like it!
What type of tank and look are you going for?
 
That is a pretty set up! Very clean, I like it!
What type of tank and look are you going for?
We'll probably stay with FOWLR at first and then get into corals later on. I'm trying to be patient and not hurry through the build but It's tough to walk away now that it's sitting here
 
I think it is worth running two pumps. Having a backup is great if you are home to swap them if a problem arises, but I like redundancy in my tanks. You don't have to use the return bulkheads in the sump. You could even use silicone tubing to go from the 2nd pump to one of the returns.
 
Nice system! Get a build thread going so we can follow.
Many use 2 pumps but I have never used one in 30+ and never had an issue.
Good luck and welcome to R2R.
 
I think it is worth running two pumps. Having a backup is great if you are home to swap them if a problem arises, but I like redundancy in my tanks. You don't have to use the return bulkheads in the sump. You could even use silicone tubing to go from the 2nd pump to one of the returns.
That's exactly what I was thinking . Running one pump to each of the returns with a shut off valve between them
 
Nice system! Get a build thread going so we can follow.
Many use 2 pumps but I have never used one in 30+ and never had an issue.
Good luck and welcome to R2R.
I'm not great with computers. I thought this was a build thread. How do I start one?
 
We've been working on the aquascape and have been wondering how to know if you have enough rock for proper bio-filtration. The rock in the pictures isn't glued together yet but we think this is what it will look like. Room for quite a few corals I think . Lots of tunnels for fish habitat and flow. There's about 50 lbs of rock. We have 60 lbs of CaribSea special grade sand as well. The cardboard in the pictures is the inside dimensions of the tank
 

Attachments

  • Aquascape #1.jpg
    Aquascape #1.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Aquascape #2.jpg
    Aquascape #2.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Aquascape #3.jpg
    Aquascape #3.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Aquascape #4.jpg
    Aquascape #4.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 67
The aquascape made it to the tank. I'm waiting for some plumbing parts ( for a second return pump) and it should be ready for sand and water.
 

Attachments

  • Aquascape in tank video.mp4
    17.6 MB

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top