It never ends... now what in the heck is this???

Being snails, they do have antennas. A duster will have a crown as opposed to a pair of antenna. Here's a picture I found on Google showing the antenna on them. They will also put put out mucous for gathering food, but those antennae let them know the food is there.
4282cecbb5382c83f28bb686351ba217.jpg
Got it. YesI have those. I have one that's head is 1/4 in.
Name is Todd.
IMG_1809.JPG
 
The creature in question appears to be a Vermetid snail. Not actually a tube worm, but a gastropod.

Its a vermetid snail. The coral has to encrust around it. Although not harmful, they can irritate the coral since they secrete mucous threads that can interfere with the coral's mucous. Since its already encrusted the only way to kill it is to fill the opening with super glue. You will soon find them all over your tank, pretty much unavoidable. They can create very hard, calcified tubes which can be hard to remove. Very annoying

http://www.melevsreef.com/node/355
 
Ooooh I got myself a very annoying population for vermited snails. I know what those are and my next tank will not have a single one. I firmly believe it will be the eventual cause of me breaking down this tank. They have caused lots of issue , mostly with my Acans. I'm gonna have to lean to Spionid as @saltyfilmfolks suggested.

So I spot fed the Blasto which he consumed without a problem and now after dinner critter appears to have tucked completely inside. I'm guessing he's chowing down too and I'll keep hoping it doesn't become an issue. This is the Blasto under blue's after food and Spionid hiding..... He better not kill this head!;Rage;Punch.

FullSizeRender-25.jpg
 
So I had a Todd once. I killed him with rock because Todd was scary as hell looking. Now I feel bad for Dead Todd.
Hahaha. My Todd started killing a coral.
Oddly not all of them and not the one he was in. Weird. Only some of the corals were effected by the snot.
 
Thanks, I picked it up at the RAP Orlando this year. I'll try and dig up the guys contact, it's not a major company but super nice dude with some unique pieces.

:eek: How is it that I made 3 dozen trips around all those booths and yet I still missed sweet pieces like that? Let me know who it was, I want to keep a tab on them :cool:.
 
:eek: How is it that I made 3 dozen trips around all those booths and yet I still missed sweet pieces like that? Let me know who it was, I want to keep a tab on them :cool:.
Haha! I managed to stumble on his booth the last day , last hour. Here's his link and all the frags I got from him are doing great.
http://www.gatorcoral.com
@GHsaltie
 
Oooohhh I remember that name. I think it was one that always had a decent crowd and since I wasn't familiar with the name I didn't try to hard to shove my way in. What else did you get from him? Off to check out the goods!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top