It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

ChrisKey

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2012
Messages
631
Reaction score
7
Location
Huntsville, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upurudut.jpg


That is all...
 
M@ry Ruth says all I'm getting is a lump of coal! :hurt:
 
Please tell me those are for a group buy, and you are not opening "Sea World Huntsville".
 
I went to look for specs on those DC Pumps and couldn't find it because when I click on those all I get is a bigger picture :)

But I did notice a couple of things on their site. The SP pumps look awfully familiar (Tunze may sue again) and they have the WP10s now.

Hmmm. Anybody wanting WP10s?
 
Don't know what kind he has but i believe i found the specs?

DC Pumps:

DC6000
Power = 40W
Max Output = 1425gph
Min Output = 890gph
Max Head = 11.8 feet
Size: 6.3" x 3.55" x 4.75"

DC9000
Power = 70W
Max Output = 2115gph
Min Output = 1450gph
Max Head = 14.1 feet
Size: 7" x 3.55" x 4.75"

DC12000
Power = 85W
Max Output = 2660gph
Min Output = 1550gph
Max Head = 15.7 feet
Size: 7" x 3.55" x 4.75"




I just want my WP25 :peep:
 
Last edited:
They are the DC12000. Serious power! But I am using a single DC12000 to replace my return pump, skimmer pump, and reactor manifold pump. I bought 2 just in case I can get this 360gallon acrylic tank up and running.

Rothgar, I told you you would have to have patience on those WP25 pumps. It only took 3 months and 4 days to get mine in. :)

What is amazing to think is I bought all these pumps for LESS THAN
 
the price of 2 new Ecotech MP40s. Once I sell this last MP40, I would have paid for it by selling my used equipment and have enough flow for a 240 gallon tank, 360 gallon tank, 40g breeder, and 75g frag tank.
 
OMG, if it takes 3 months for Rothgar to get his 25 he will have me publicly (okay forum-ly and facebook-ly) tried, tarred and feathered. I am already a little afraid to sleep without the lights on lest he try to break in and take the ones I have. Chris should probably be sure his alarm is set at night as Rothgar himself posted evidence above that he is about to come over the wall.
 
ROFL! It does not help that I know where both you and Chris live! ( Insert evil laugh here )
 
Hmmm. Anybody wanting WP10s?

I guess that's going to depend on how overpowering the WP25 is. If we could get ChrisKey to give a report on a WP25 in a 20 gallon (either shape), that would be interesting.
 
I'd like to know about WP40's flow pattern. Does it have a very wide flow like MP40? I see some people are already modifying them for a wider, gentler flow. My big old Koralia has a very strong flow, but it tends to be more concentrated jets in two or three directions. One nice thing about MP40 is that I can set it pretty close to SPS's without stripping their tissues. What are their noise level?
 
Tomoko. I have had a pair of hem on my 180. Their flow is wider than a koralia but not as wide as a mp40. The have good peneteation easily effecting the currents on the opposite end of my 180. I love mine. Have not had any issues since April.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top