It's Just Not That Simple: Is your Anemone hosting your Clownfish?

Is your Anemone hosting your Clownfish? (Share your experience in the comments!)

  • Yes, my anemone is hosting my Clownfish.

    Votes: 42 40.0%
  • No, but I'm taking steps to encourage the relationship.

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • No, but I'm okay with it.

    Votes: 12 11.4%
  • I gave up. *sigh*

    Votes: 29 27.6%
  • Other (please explain!)

    Votes: 18 17.1%

  • Total voters
    105

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2024
Messages
1,595
Reaction score
3,783
Location
Georgia, USA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This symbiotic relationship is hands down my favorite in the reefing world. There is just something about watching the relationship between Anemones and Clownfish. It's mesmerizing! There's just one problem...My Clownfish couldn't care less about my Anemone! Has anyone else had this problem? Sometimes, this relationship flourishes naturally; other times, it takes some encouragement. And then, sometimes, it doesn't matter what you do; your Clownfish will forever turn their nose up at your beautiful Anemone. What's been your experience with these two creatures?

Is your Anemone hosting your Clownfish? If yes, how long did it take for this relationship to come together?

Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 10-19-55 Colourful clownfish carry an unusual health warning for pred...png

Photo: Reinhard Dirscherl / Alamy
 
Yes, and no. I currently have two anemones both WERE hosting their pairs of clowns, but I switched the pairings, and only one pair has gone back to hosting. That said, I will give the other pair time and I’m sure they will host again.

I am cheating a little cause both my nems naturally host clowns in the wild. Though when I had a LTA my clown hosted immediately.
 
Yes

Half a day

They took to the one that walls at first

It walked into a gyre

They found the one they are suppose to shacked up with
 
it took 4 years before one clown of my pair discovered the anemones. The other has yet to make the connection. The pair i had previously never did.
 
Took mine 2 years. In return the clowns became extremely territorial.
 
This is an AWESOME photo!!
Thanks! I finally had some time to take pics the other day. This is the original. I also have a tomato clown that likes Green Nepthea in second pic.

IMG_5530.jpeg

IMG_6219.jpeg
 
Maybe a day? Both the clowns & the anemone were very young & small. 3 tank moves later the anemone has split & the clowns go to whichever one is looking good that day or they split up with one in each.
 
My tomato clown hosts in elegance and torches and the anenome. I was hoping he would teach my other clowns. The snowflake clown pair in the same tank couldn’t care less.

 
My clowns decided to host in my hammer coral rather than my rainbow anemone... Oh well, at least someone's getting the love :face-blowing-a-kiss:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top