JBJ Wifi 28g Nano Cube Skimmer Recommendations

  • Thread starter Thread starter Colorz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Colorz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
108
Reaction score
60
Location
Trenton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Searched thru threads without finding anything current. Need a skimmer that's quiet as possible, kicks booty and can fit inside back chamber ( preferably) OR hang on side. Tank too close to wall for hob.

JBJ Wifi 28g Nano- Cube

Tried calling JBJ several times, always goes to vmail unfortunately! TIA :)
 
Corallife biocube protein skimmer v2 should fit only problem is I believe you will have to remove the media basket. Might fit in the return chamber side but I doubt it. I havent set mine up yet though.
 
Corallife biocube protein skimmer v2 should fit only problem is I believe you will have to remove the media basket. Might fit in the return chamber side but I doubt it. I havent set mine up yet though.
Thank you! I'll check it out
 
Thank you! I'll check it out
I know this is kinda old, but I have the JBJ wifi Nanocube, and I’ve tried several different nanoskimmers, and hands down the best is easily the Aquamaxx NF-1. First of all, it fits in the nanocube’s narrower chambers (middle chamber), but it’s silent, no micro bubbles, is easy to adjust/dial in, and produces a lot of skimmate. It can be a little tricky to find at msrp, but it’s well worth the extra $20 most resellers are charging on top of msrp.
 
I know this is kinda old, but I have the JBJ wifi Nanocube, and I’ve tried several different nanoskimmers, and hands down the best is easily the Aquamaxx NF-1. First of all, it fits in the nanocube’s narrower chambers (middle chamber), but it’s silent, no micro bubbles, is easy to adjust/dial in, and produces a lot of skimmate. It can be a little tricky to find at msrp, but it’s well worth the extra $20 most resellers are charging on top of msrp.
Thank you heaps!!!!!!! Do you have a pic of how you have it on your DT?
 
Yes, it’s in the middle back chamber, and I keep it higher above the water line than is recommended, but I haven’t noticed any difference in performance. Since the media rack is removed to fit the skimmer, I’ve got filter floss in chambers 2 and 4, with a heater in 2 and carbon and purigen in 4. I’ve taken the lid off and changed the lighting to an AI prime since this pic was taken.
 

Attachments

  • 07D94BD6-6B8E-456B-BCF0-812832985919.jpeg
    07D94BD6-6B8E-456B-BCF0-812832985919.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 151
Yes, it’s in the middle back chamber, and I keep it higher above the water line than is recommended, but I haven’t noticed any difference in performance. Since the media rack is removed to fit the skimmer, I’ve got filter floss in chambers 2 and 4, with a heater in 2 and carbon and purigen in 4. I’ve taken the lid off and changed the lighting to an AI prime since this pic was taken.
Thanks so so much!!!!!
 
I have read the AquaMaxx 1.5 HOB Protein Skimmer is a good option. I was trying to find one a little less pricey...so I got the icekap 100 I think? It BARELY didnt fit, so I am making a DIY nano sump.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top