Jewelry box control panel and Red Sea Canopy build

Phil DeCapua

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2017
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I posted this right and in the correct place. Please educate me if I did something wrong. Just wanted to post what I have done so far for my tank. I will hopefully update this thread once that is finished and may do a full post in the aquariums thread to show my full system set up but these are my first 2 DIY projects I did

One was a 20 dollar jewelry wall cabinet from Amazon and some Velcro and cord covers.

The next was just a quick design to build a canopy that just helps block the radion from blinding me when I am watching TV on the couch, or looking at the tank. It is going to be painted white to match the stand and if that doesn't look right I will wrap it with satin white vinyl. Wood, glue, and screws cost about $25. The paint is another $5 and if the paint doesn't look good, the vinyl wrap will be about $20. So most it cost was $50 dollars and some sweat and patience.

Any suggestions or questions welcomed.

IMG_1910.JPG


IMG_1911.JPG


IMG_1912.JPG


IMG_1968.JPG


IMG_1972.JPG


IMG_1975.JPG
 
I hope I posted this right and in the correct place. Please educate me if I did something wrong. Just wanted to post what I have done so far for my tank. I will hopefully update this thread once that is finished and may do a full post in the aquariums thread to show my full system set up but these are my first 2 DIY projects I did

One was a 20 dollar jewelry wall cabinet from Amazon and some Velcro and cord covers.

The next was just a quick design to build a canopy that just helps block the radion from blinding me when I am watching TV on the couch, or looking at the tank. It is going to be painted white to match the stand and if that doesn't look right I will wrap it with satin white vinyl. Wood, glue, and screws cost about $25. The paint is another $5 and if the paint doesn't look good, the vinyl wrap will be about $20. So most it cost was $50 dollars and some sweat and patience.

Any suggestions or questions welcomed.

IMG_1910.JPG


IMG_1911.JPG


IMG_1912.JPG


IMG_1968.JPG


IMG_1972.JPG


IMG_1975.JPG
Looks awesome
 
Looks awesome! I like how you used the jewelry box photo frames for actual photos! I would have probably filled it with coral pics, parameter cards, etc haha
 
Looks awesome! I like how you used the jewelry box photo frames for actual photos! I would have probably filled it with coral pics, parameter cards, etc haha
I was going to do some coral pics but my gf said we needed to showcase the other animals in our lives lol
 
I was going to do some coral pics but my gf said we needed to showcase the other animals in our lives lol
I'm sure mine would say the same haha

What aquarium model is that?
 
I'm sure mine would say the same haha

What aquarium model is that?
It's the Red Sea Reefer 170. I have a very small apartment and this was the biggest I could go... for now lol... I may just get rid of my big couch and put some of those collapsible lawn chairs so I can get a big Tank and not have to wait until I move lol.

Today I just finished painting the canopy so I'll upload photos soon and added my gfo and carbon reactor and put another 20lbs of sand in so I have enough for a goby /shrimp pair
 
Great canopy! I’m looking to build one for my Reefer 250 (white) too. What did you paint did you find to best match the white cabinet of your Reefer?
 
That’s awesome. Does it get too hot?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top