- Joined
- Jan 8, 2012
- Messages
- 13,802
- Reaction score
- 7,989
- Location
- Virginia
- What state or country do you live in
- Virginia
What does that mean or prove?
I suppose it could mean a number of things.
What does it mean that the same reef used to run successfully at 83.5°?
Maybe 79.5 - 83.5° should be the range to recommend!




Of all the reef related facebook groups and forums this happens to be the one with the least amount of bad info, but I suppose that's relatively subjective.
With the very warm weather that is upon us in the East, I think all reefers and especially folks that are new to the hobby must be aware of the dangers when tank heat goes over 78 and upward...It was close to 90 in my area yesterday after a cool spring...I looked at the tank temp and it was 79 degrees... luckily I have AC in that room...I took out the winter insulation quickly and flipped it on...it went down to 77...

