Quarantine process I'm going to use.
Thank you jimbau.
1. Drip acclimate fish to quarantine tank water ( I check SG of water fish came in and QT tank to determine length of time for acclimation). I usually try to drop my SG in the QT before getting the fish since most fish tend to come in lower SG water, I have seen down to 1.020.
2. Day 1 - Leave lights off and let fish relax for first day and observe for any immediate concerns.
3. Day 2 - Add dose of prazipro.
4. Day 6 - Do 50% water change and start copper.
5. Day 7 to 28 - raise copper slowly over a couple of days, test copper level every other day, monitor ammonia and do water changes as needed. Feed well. Determine what the fish like to eat.
6. Day 28 - 50% water change and add second dose of Prazipro.
7. Day 32 - Add to main tank. During this whole time I slowly match the QT and display tanks SG and temp so I just drop the fish into the DT.
8. If during this time I notice any infections or fungus I use Kanaplex for 6 days. I use this with Copper and haven't had any issues.