Kamoer f1 pump not holding prime

reef’r

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Messages
387
Reaction score
231
Location
reef’d
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any one have this issue with these? I’ve had it set up for a couple days now and it’s been a major pita. Seems to be off on dose amount and will not hold a prime in discharge line the last time I watched it dose this morning I might have got half the desired amount the rest of the time it just blows bubbles or nothing comes out the tube at all, using RO tubing
 
Update, just watched it go through another dosing cycle….. nothing came out of the tube. Sweet
IMG_5847.jpeg
IMG_5846.jpeg
IMG_5845.jpeg
 
How old is the tube in the doser? My guess is there may be a split, and it needs replacement. Just from experience with other dosers, could also be an air leak at your connection since you are using RO tubing. Might try airline tubing to see if that makes a difference, too. Hope that helps.
 
How old is the tube in the doser? My guess is there may be a split, and it needs replacement. Just from experience with other dozers, could also be an air leak at your connection since you are using RO tubing. Might try airline tubing to see if that makes a difference, too. Hope that helps.
Also I would think if there was a split in the tube kalk would be dripping out of the pump?
 
Yes, then I would look at the connection where you have the ro tubing connected. Air is probably getting in so you aren’t getting suction.
 
Pull the head off and inspect the tubing. I’ve had a Kamoer pump need internal tubes within months of using it.

Also need a vent hole in your kalk res, if there’s not one already.
 
I also think you might have a tiny air leak, it’s pretty common using RO tubing. My kamor has been pretty solid for a couple years now.
 
Pull the head off and inspect the tubing. I’ve had a Kamoer pump need internal tubes within months of using it.

Also need a vent hole in your kalk res, if there’s not one already.
Good point there. Could also just put the cap on loosely.
 
Also I would think if there was a split in the tube kalk would be dripping out of the pump?
Not necessarily. If it won’t prime, then the liquid likely isn’t making it up to the pump from the reservoir. I’d also recommend scrapping the RODI line and getting soft clear silicon tubing. It will be easier to work free and or see any precipitation in the lines from the Kalk. Clogs can cause issues.
 
did run all the air out of the lines to begin with? I ran around 500ml of rodi through my system before making sure dosing amounts were accurate. I would take the tube off your tank and run a couple hundred ml though it into a separate container until you have 0 air gaps in the tubes.
 
did run all the air out of the lines to begin with? I ran around 500ml of rodi through my system before making sure dosing amounts were accurate. I would take the tube off your tank and run a couple hundred ml though it into a separate container until you have 0 air gaps in the tubes.
I haven’t run a ton through it but I have manually primed it many times until kalk runs consistent through the tube, then it drops the prime again. I did loosen the cap on the container and primed it again so we’ll see in the next hour how it does. If nothing then I will swap out the tubing
 
Yes, then I would look at the connection where you have the ro tubing connected. Air is probably getting in so you aren’t getting suction.
I’m leaning towards this I didn’t have a bulk head I just used 1/4” male and female adapters
 
Just thought I’d update in case anyone else comes across this issue. I removed the RO tubing and inserted the clear tubing that came with the pump. It’s a smaller OD so I was able to slide it through the fitting and into the larger diameter tubing I have in the container like a sleeve and then hooked it back up… seems to be working like a champ now thanks everyone
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top