Kamoer x1 pro t replacement tubing

  • Thread starter Thread starter renzema
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

renzema

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
59
Location
Portland,OR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a kamoer x1 pro t dosing pump for my calcium reactor and I love it. It is perfect for my space and speed I need to dose.

I like to keep multiple replacements of parts that wear out. I can not find replacement tubing or what the size tubing is in there.

Anyone have any info on it or know where to order.
 
It. is compatible with tubing with 3mm ID x 5mm OD.

Something like this.
Type this in Amazon :

Quickun Pure Thin Silicone Tubing, 3mm ID x 5mm OD High Temp Food Grade Tube Pure Silicone Hose Tube​

 
Awhile back I found a 3’ section of replacement on eBay.
 
I’ve been trying to find what the tube type is and even contacted coralvue, but bought from premium aquatics.

It isn’t the same as the larger kamoer that most people use. Already checked against a friends old kamoer doser.
 
It's PharMed tube.

4mm OD 2mm ID
 
Last edited:
If its the same inner and outer diameter as the Bubble Magus I may have a source for you.Need to find the box. LOL
image.jpg
 
So it this a good pump for Calcium Reactors?
 
Does anyone know the length of the replacement tube? I just replaced mine for the first time and measured the original tube at 8cm. However this is a old tube that needed to be replaced so I presume it has stretched a bit with the 2500 hrs on it. I did replace with a 8cm length and seemed to fit fine, recalibrated and off I go. Just wanted to see if there is any documented length for next time.
 
I found the best selection at the alibaba site listed below... Ordered 10 days ago paid through PP. Still waiting for delivery, so we'll see.

 
Right that’s a larger bulk roll which you’ll have to cut down to size. Question is what’s the cut down to size length? :) I measure 8cm from my worn out one, but looking for any manufacturer stated replacement length.
 
I am using a different Kamoer pump... but, I compared the used length versus the new length and the difference was about 1 cm.
 
I am using a different Kamoer pump... but, I compared the used length versus the new length and the difference was about 1 cm.

Oh wow. That's huge which makes my question even more important. Imagine putting a new replacement tube that is 1cm longer than it needs to be.

I've recalibrated after the replacement and it seems to pump out accurately per my requested volume so it seems to "work", but not sure what that means over time. I suspect accuracy issues.
 
I'd think that ID, OD and durometer have more impact on the accuracy of your dosing pump tubing than length. The way a peristaltic pump works, the actuation is actually only over a short portion of the tubing, what comes out of the top and bottom is not a really big deal, and is easily trimmable for fit.
 
I'd think that ID, OD and durometer have more impact on the accuracy of your dosing pump tubing than length. The way a peristaltic pump works, the actuation is actually only over a short portion of the tubing, what comes out of the top and bottom is not a really big deal, and is easily trimmable for fit.

That does seem to make sense however the doser end nozzles are designed in a certain way mounted the the doser itself. Hard to describe, but too long of a length would cause "bunching" of the tube inside the doser. Not just excess that can be trimmed.

I think the net net here is the calibrating feature is suppose to address these variables the more I think about it. Once calibrated 10ml request and 10ml delivered = the doser, tube and all components are good.
 
After purchasing the wrong type twice below is what I am using now. I’m getting run times 750-1000 hours before I notice problems. It’s pretty simple swap just be sure to cute your new length a bit shorter than the old because they do degrade and stretch. Took a little trial and error to get it right.

The correct ID/OD is 3mm/5mm.

 
After purchasing the wrong type twice below is what I am using now. I’m getting run times 750-1000 hours before I notice problems. It’s pretty simple swap just be sure to cute your new length a bit shorter than the old because they do degrade and stretch. Took a little trial and error to get it right.

The correct ID/OD is 3mm/5mm.

Would this one work? The tubing mine came with isn’t clear
 

Attachments

  • B5335DCA-D562-4381-B7B3-9B93787FE9D1.png
    B5335DCA-D562-4381-B7B3-9B93787FE9D1.png
    506.2 KB · Views: 108

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top