kamohara blenny and lawnmower blenny

  • Thread starter Thread starter td3025
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

td3025

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2016
Messages
222
Reaction score
111
Location
CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 30 gallon tank that will be upgraded in the next month or so into an 86 cube (meaning more space soon)

I have a lawnmower blenny who has never been aggressive towards other fish, but will bite me if I get close to the little hole in one of my rocks he lives in. My shop just got a Kamohara blenny and I would love to take him home, but is there a good chance the two blennies will fight? I know lawnmowers can be mean, but I've never kept two blennies together before this so I don't know what to expect!
 
Just a heads up they have venomous fangs and can be aggressive to similar towards shaped fish and can attack them. I recommend getting a blenny that isn't venomous lol
 
Kamohara blennies are venomous, but it is soley for defense, so I wouldn't worry about that. The kamohara swims rather than perches like the lawnmower blenny. Since they occupy different niches they should be fine together, though the lawnmower blenny will chase any fish away that get too close to it's favorite spot.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top