kennysreef - Innovative Marine 200 INT Build

Reached the limit on photos on the last post:

Current picture:

IMG_1191.jpeg
looking great
 
Hello All!

I am excited to announce that a new build is underway!

Going to be upgrading from my current @Innovative Marine 100 EXT to the 200 INT (w/ White APS Stand)!

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+


Current picture of the 100 EXT:

IMG-0488.jpg


I'm a lot more active on Instagram, so please give me a follow if you're interested in following along! If you're already a follower, than thank you so much for your continued support and I look forward to having you along for the journey.

Kevin Durant Mvp GIF by NBA


kennysreef - Instagram

Tank:
Innovative Marine 200 INT (Tank & Stand - White) - 72" x 30" x 22"

Sump/Filtration:
Bashea Pro Series Filter Roller Sump 48" with Redsea ReefMat 1200 (from existing build)
Aquamaxx DCQ-3 Skimmer
Aqua UV 25w UV Sterilizer

Pumps:
Reef Octopus Varios 8
Ecotech MP40s (3)

Lights:
Ecotech XR30 G5 Blues (3)

Will continue to add to the list as soon as I get more details sorted out!
Curious - why did you switch from the EXT to the INT? I want to buy an IM 100 EXT shortly but still not sure if I should go for the INT? Any thoughts?
 
Curious - why did you switch from the EXT to the INT? I want to buy an IM 100 EXT shortly but still not sure if I should go for the INT? Any thoughts?
Thats all personal preference really. If you prefer the tank to sit close to the wall and dont care to sacrifice tank space with the overflow then go with the INT. EXT's really shine when it comes to being able to easily access piping and not losing any valuable tank space. However it has to sit further away from the wall.
 
@KENNYSREEF can you put up a parts list for exactly what you bought to make that light holder and attach it to your stand? I also sent you a PM lol. I am building this exact tank and want to do the same thing. I love what you've come up with
 
Hey Kenny, I’m in the planning stages of this same setup. I have the sump and expect the aquarium by the end of summer.

I’m planning plumbing and yours is great, but can you explain your return? I can’t tell from photos but it looks like after the manifold it goes back to the UV and from the UV straight to the return?
 
Hey Kenny, I’m in the planning stages of this same setup. I have the sump and expect the aquarium by the end of summer.

I’m planning plumbing and yours is great, but can you explain your return? I can’t tell from photos but it looks like after the manifold it goes back to the UV and from the UV straight to the return?
Let me get back to you in a bit!
 
Any updates?
Tank is currently cruising!! Since I lost a lot of coral from the previous tank it’s taken awhile to get more coral. I’m having some issues with built up detritus on my sand… I think I don’t have enough clean up crew to eat through it
 
Also, what are those bulkheads you added on for the return lines? Something custom? Not sure why this sump didn’t come with bulkheads for the return.
 
Tank is currently cruising!! Since I lost a lot of coral from the previous tank it’s taken awhile to get more coral. I’m having some issues with built up detritus on my sand… I think I don’t have enough clean up crew to eat through it
Glad your tank is going smoothly!
 
Glad your tank is going smoothly!
Spoke too soon :/...

Having to breakdown to 200g in a couple of weeks. We are expecting our first child, and it just takes up too much room in our living room right now.

However... that doesn't mean it is the end. Just ordered a Waterbox 50.3 AIO :D
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top