Kessil 160 or 360 on 44g corner tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gdk414
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Gdk414

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
257
Reaction score
72
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering which i should order for my tank. Just not sure if the smaller is gonna be enough. Going to be a sps mainly. Any first hand experience welcomed

20161002_152336.jpg
 
A 160 will be fine if it's these deminsions.
 
1 360 won't be enough for SPS dominate
 
Not for SPS dominate. Mixed Reef with low lights on sides
 
I had 1 360 on a 40b and it had poor par reading on sides
 
Im looking for advice only from people who have the light or have first hand experience with these two models
 
Im not too worried about the far edges of the tank. Just around the center
 
I like how you automatically assumed I had no experience so I'll stop chiming in
 
So that's not first hand experience... lol ok good luck
 
Your input is apreciated. Im just a little leary when someone says one 360 wont be good for the tank i am asking about
 

Watch 17-18:30 on kessils that 30x30 tank. Very poor results.
 
@Gdk414 so you start a thread asking about a specific light on your tank. Then @Khh27 chimes in and says that he has first hand experience with this light on a tank that is similar to yours in width and tells you his opinion and recommendations on the situation. Now, because you don't like his answer, though its from first hand experience, you completely disregard his credibility? Im confused.
 
.... Anyone else out there use a single kessil 160? Or the 360? Leaning towards the 360w or possibly the 160. Also been considering the radion xr15

43646590.jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top