kessil a160 light schedule on a jbj 24/coral problems

CaniacReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have an a160 on my jbj 24 running at 40% for about 9 hours,I've got a candy cane coral at the bottom had it about a week the first couple days it looked great but now seems to be receding can that be from too much light ? also have a couple different zoas that are all closed. All my parameters are perfect just frustrated as I'm not sure why none of them seem to be doing well.any help and advice would be much appreciated.
 
i have an a160 on my jbj 24 running at 40% for about 9 hours,I've got a candy cane coral at the bottom had it about a week the first couple days it looked great but now seems to be receding can that be from too much light ? also have a couple different zoas that are all closed. All my parameters are perfect just frustrated as I'm not sure why none of them seem to be doing well.any help and advice would be much appreciated.
First off:
Welcome to Reef 2 Reef :)

It could be that 40% intensity is too strong at this point, and it would be nice if @crabs_mcjones could chime in too.
I run a80's and it took a pretty good while, before I could raise their intensity.

How old is your tank, and if your nitrates and phosphates are perfect, do you feed your corals too?
 
my tank is almost 3 years old but has been fish only up until the last month or so and i feed the coral reef roids about twice a week.
 
Welcome to R2R!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

Can you please tell me the tanks dimensions, and how far off the waters surface you have the light mounted, and where in the tank are the corals. :)
 
Welcome to R2R!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
giphy.gif

Can you please tell me the tanks dimensions, and how far off the waters surface you have the light mounted, and where in the tank are the corals. :)
the Dimensions: 18" (L) x 19.6" (W) x 19.7" (H),the light is about 6ish inches off the surface and the corals are all either in the sand bed or about an inch off it.
 
So the corals are essentially 25 inches away from the light. My guess is not enough light. 25 inches for a 40 watt light is alot. I'd slowly ramp it up and see if they respond :)
the Dimensions: 18" (L) x 19.6" (W) x 19.7" (H),the light is about 6ish inches off the surface and the corals are all either in the sand bed or about an inch off it.
 
So the corals are essentially 25 inches away from the light. My guess is not enough light. 25 inches for a 40 watt light is alot. I'd slowly ramp it up and see if they respond :)
UPDATE:sorry for the slow response,so after following your advice I'm happy to report all of my corals are now thriving and vibrant thanks again for the help.
 
I’m on an A160, zoas and mushrooms only..
My sand bed is 18” below the light...

Any setting recommendations? I’m on a controller
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top