Kessil H380 Grow Light is Crazy Good!

I run a h380 12 inches above my refugium and use to run it 24/7. The light itself gets warm but I have not noticed the water warming at all due to the light.

Side note. The h380 grows algae like a weed! Awesome light! My No3 was hovering steady at 20-30 ppm. Now it is 0 and I have to dose nitrates to get my No3 to 1-2 ppm. This is after reducing my light cycle to 12 on 12 off.
 
Finally bought something that works as advertised. The H380 has my PH higher, Nitrates 0.00 Red Sea test kit/ Phosphates 0.00 Hanna Checker. Cheato is a solid block. Not sure if I should harvest it or leave it as is. I hear that the die off feeds the tank?
 
What size refugium are you all using this light on? I'll only have one about 6-7 gallons and don't know if this light will be overkill on such a small size
 
I’m getting ready to install my light soon. How high above the water is everyone mounting the H380?
 
Does H380 run hot? I got a 54w COB grow light led off eBay, and it's producing great chaeto grow. But it's also insanely hot. It drives my sump temperature to 90F. I'm thinking of getting a H380 if it runs cooler.

I have The H80 which does not really get that hot, but the difference is 15 watts compared to 90watts, BRS has a Great Video on these 2 lights stating that the H380 Grows the best.
 
I’m getting ready to install my light soon. How high above the water is everyone mounting the H380?

I have mine 15 inches off the water. Go as high as you can with the H380, its 90 watts and there is no way to adjust it down.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top