Kole tang and yellow tang

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tikosyn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Tikosyn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
74
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

So I have a Red Sea reefer 750, 160 gallon tank.

Current stock list:

Masked swallowtail angel
Bellus angel
Foxface
2 snowflake clowns
Melnarus wrasse

I have two questions:

1. Will a Kole tang and yellow tang get along if added at same time?

2. With these two tangs get along with my foxface?

And actually 3. Is my tank big enough for all these fish? Thanks for the info!
 
For what it's worth, I have a kole, yellow and a powder blue in a 125g. Civil enough frenemies. Had a foxface and a powder blue but moved the foxface on to a new home. He grew too large.
 
Sometimes Yellow Tangs will spar with a Foxface, so it all depends. A Kole Tang and a Yellow should co-exist in a 160 gallon tank and the stock list should keep the Yellow from becoming too much of a butthead (they are prone to it).
 
I believe the rsr 750 has basically the same dimensions as a standard 180.

In general, a Kole and yellow would be fine together in that tank, along with a foxface too.

Personally, with those two really nice angels, I wouldn't risk the potentially aggressive yellow tang...and just get the Kole.... just my opinion
 
Yeah I thought about that, I would be so sad if something happened to my angels. I was hoping the yellow tang would only be aggressive to newcomers or other tangs but I guess that’s not the case.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top