Kole tang - return or stick in 55g

I'd get rid of the Kole. A 55 really isn't a good home for it long term and if you want to keep the mandy you will have to get rid of it. One of the things people fail to see about mandys in captivity is that the problem is two fold

1) Getting them to eat frozen foods
2) Getting them to eat Frozen Foods before the other fish gobble them up

The second part IMHO is actually the hardest part. I lost a mandy because of this.
Not sure if you have seen my last post but the kole and mandarin are still both in the 90, i won't be putting the kole in the 55 if o need to move it it'll be going to the shop. Mandarin is doing well eating live baby brine, hunting pods and eating whatever frozen i can get to him before the kole bulldozes its way in.

One thing i do think is overlooked is the grazing pressure from fish such as tangs and angels, they may not be targetting pods when they are grazing on algae but they certainly aren't spitting them out either, i have noticed a marked decline in the pods on my glass since adding the kole
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top