KZ, ATI, Giesemann - Which Blue Bulb

  • Thread starter Thread starter RevMH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I was taught by BLV/Ushio Germany the only way to match/compare blue halide bulbs color is from a Chromaticity Coordinates, for instance 20,000k is a pure marketing term there is no such thing as 20,000k. When I spoke with BLV Germany which makes halide bulbs for Ushio,Giesemann,AB ect... that is what was discussed and it's why halide companies name there bulbs Radium Aquastar blue, BLV Nepturion aquablue, Giesemann Blue and they throw in the 20,000k in to market it just like a magenta or green halide cannot have a kelvin rating.

Long story short I was taught to use the color chromaticity coordinates to determine the color blue of a halide bulb being on the bluer or violet/blue side.That's why the Phoenix 14,000k is blue like a another brand 20,000k there kelvin rating is incorrect get there Y= and X= specs and you will see.

fullsizeoutput_25b.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I was taught by BLV/Ushio Germany the only way to match/compare blue halide bulbs color is from a Chromaticity Coordinates, for instance 20,000k is a pure marketing term there is no such thing as 20,000k. When I spoke with BLV Germany which makes halide bulbs for Ushio,Giesemann,AB ect... that is what was discussed and it's why halide companies name there bulbs Radium Aquastar blue, BLV Nepturion aquablue, Giesemann Blue and they throw in the 20,000k in to market it just like a magenta or green halide cannot have a kelvin rating.

Long story short I was taught to use the color chromaticity coordinates to determine the color blue of a halide bulb being on the bluer or violet/blue side.That's why the Phoenix 14,000k is blue like a another brand 20,000k there kelvin rating is incorrect get there Y= and X= specs and you will see.
Good commentary, thank you!
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top