Last water test, a little high on KH

GymCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
15
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Ive been on the Long journey of perfecting my water before adding any fish. These water tests are from when I first started to my most recent algae bloom. The nitrite level was greatly affecting me until recently however it’s been managed, and now I’m focusing on KH. If anyone could explain a little about KH to me and what level is most desirable for a 20 gallon reef tank it would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

A5A72B77-EABB-4D68-9B10-6E493FAB9481.jpeg image.jpg
 
Don’t bother making adjustments until algae is done. Kh /ph / whatever has a wide safe range.
 
how are these numbers? I noticed my magnesium and ph level have dropped. Havnt started dosing reef fusion yet however I look to bring my calcium and magnesium levels up soon. Bought some bio cubes for my filter. Waters still looking pretty brown. Does temperature potentially play a role in the bloom?

image.jpg
 
how are these numbers? I noticed my magnesium and ph level have dropped. Havnt started dosing reef fusion yet however I look to bring my calcium and magnesium levels up soon. Bought some bio cubes for my filter. Waters still looking pretty brown. Does temperature potentially play a role in the bloom?

image.jpg
Algae will throw off the numbers quite a bit.
Why are you wanting to raise ca and mag? They are fine for what you have. Bio cubes also sound like a waste of money. What ever your LfS is saying it’s time to stop listening.
 
how are these numbers? I noticed my magnesium and ph level have dropped. Havnt started dosing reef fusion yet however I look to bring my calcium and magnesium levels up soon. Bought some bio cubes for my filter. Waters still looking pretty brown. Does temperature potentially play a role in the bloom?

image.jpg

Magnesium did not drop, unless the salinity changed.

I'd stop measuring magnesium entirely unless and until calcium and alk are dropping rapidly every day, and even then the RMM method is likely better than testing and dosing:

 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top