Leaks from Rubbermaid stock tank bulkhead

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tft12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
1" schedule 80 bulkheads fit both the 100 and 150. I wouldn't recommend using the bulkhead that comes with the totes even with silicone. $20 to know it's never going to leak is a good deal imo.
Any idea where I could find one? Doesn’t seem like something local stores would have handy
 
Brs or Saltwater aquarium. They carry different brands, but are both the same hole size.
 
Yup that's the ticket. Plug on the inside so you can plumb to drain it easy when/if needed.
 
Yup that's the ticket. Plug on the inside so you can plumb to drain it easy when/if needed.
Haha sweet. I did lose u tho when you mention plug it on the inside…. So basically put it in backwards? I think I can picture correctly. Obviously other side has to also be a threaded too.
 
Haha sweet. I did lose u tho when you mention plug it on the inside…. So basically put it in backwards? I think I can picture correctly. Obviously other side has to also be a threaded too.
So thread x thread bulkhead. Plug installed inside the tank, wet. Just leaves the inside of the bulkhead dry so there's no mess when you hook up plumbing to drain it.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top