Learning my way around a nano reef tank

welcome.jpg
 
Hello all!
Started a nano reef tank as a pandemic hobby. Still learning the ins and out. Started with a lifeguard 3.8 gallon tank. Was dealing with a lot of algae issues.

Recently upgraded to an Aqueon 6 Gallon cube. I added a Fluval hob filter, Hygger mini wavemaker, and a cobalt heater. Live sand and a nano liferock arch from Caribsea is the substrate. Tank is populated with zoas, gsps, and a xenia frag I'm keeping an eye on.

Everything if doing great. No major issues yet. Hoping to add some inverbrates soon.

Looking forward to reading about everyone else's setup!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top