Leather not as green as it used to be

Chicago-quicksilver

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Messages
166
Reaction score
111
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, in the last few months my leather hasn't been its usual self. I'm still a newbie in saltwater and have been doing it for about 2 years and my tank is doing great with the exception of the leather or at least from my perspective. Do I need to dose or add some additives? Any advice would be appreciated it.

Normally how it used to look
IMG_20170815_095200.jpg


How it looks now
20180829_152007.jpg
 
Has it been moved recently? Would you mind posting your tank parameters and maintenance routine?
 
I did move it because my carpet decided it wasn't happy and started moving and was getting really close to the leather so I switched it to the other side. It was placed slightly higher and I'm in the process of switching all my contents to a larger tank.

I really don't test my parameters as long as everything is doing well, I do every other week water changes of about 30%.
 
What type of lightning? Are the bulbs old?
 
T5s, I think some of the bulbs are coming up for replacement. I'll switch it over to my new setup with LEDs and see how that goes. Thanks
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top