Leaving RO Water Supply Open & Toggling Booster Pump

stacksoner

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2018
Messages
810
Reaction score
1,165
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious to know if there is any risk to leaving my R/O water supply open all of the time and toggling the booster pump on/off for 5-10 min a day to fill up the RO reservoir. My system currently does not put out any water without the booster pump turned on.

I have a float switch on the reservoir so no concerned about overflow.
 
I think you will wind up with high TDS after a while
Running on & off all the time never flushes the membrane.
No recommended by suppliers.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top