Led or t5 for 72” tank

I am super cheap I don’t like spending money if I do t have to. So I will be adding more kessil lights as needed. This is also my 1st saltwater tank so I want to make sure I go nice and slow.
The tank is behind a wall in the basement so I don’t see the lights or cables



26CB9876-42BB-4B12-83E2-405F815FE698.jpeg
274CEAF7-340C-4089-8A1A-9BC21F218E32.jpeg
6132B373-21ED-4DAD-AE27-54E10DFD51D8.jpeg
 
The middle of the tank is empty right now because I am getting ready for reefapoloza nj here in June $$$ so I can buy some corals cheap

4D33BEE7-18EF-416C-8904-8D0306B9E7D9.jpeg
 
I have the Evergrow IT Aqua series, which are exactly the same as reefbreeders, on my 180. I plan on adding two t5s at some point though. The ends are not very well lot but I knew it would be that way and want it for low light coral. I have a mixed reef, running fallow for now.
 
I run both. I have two 72" reefbrite Blues ( one in front and one in back), 14 bulb 72" constellation T5 unit and three radions and two Kessils in center. The results are top notch !!

360hh.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top