Let’s see those sand sifters!

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
4,875
Reaction score
5,328
Location
Columbus, ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best or your favorite sand sifting fish!?!

I have a deep sandbed. About 2 inches and looking for something other than my conch and nassarius snails to turn it over.
 
I love my Dimond Gobi, best sand sifter.

Has anyone kept Bicolor Goatfiah? Grrat looking, interesting character ... i had one for 1 year, ate aggressively but did not grow and withered away...
 
Love my diamond goby. Perhaps I’ve been lucky but it doesn’t deposit sand anywhere other than back on the sandbed. Occasionally it does seem inclined to make little mountains but they are more comical than harmful
 
IMG_4502.JPEG

IMG_4502.JPEG
IMG_4509.JPEG

my fav sand sifters----
 
Gold head sleeper was the biggest mistake on this build. Sand everywhere and looks at me like what you gonna to about it butt hole. I got news for him when the 220 gets hear.
 
Decorated Goby. Doesnt build massive mounds and slowly sifts the sand. Even drops it in the same spot it took it from.

My little one.

tempImageX2vilZ.png
 
This guy leaves sand EVERYWHERE! Want him? Come catch him lol. I do love its personality. Also that the sand is so clean. But the rocks always have sand everywhere lol He photo bombed me trying to get a pic of the hermit riding the snail.
20211207_182156.jpg
 
Great thread idea! What are your favorite sand sifters? Let's get some more participation here! (Also, I fixed the title.)
Ha! Thank you!

my favorite are the twin spot gobies. I’ve always wanted to do a pair of them.

A5944299-E464-4DDB-AC84-ACB9028033E6.jpeg
 
Got a Japanese Bella Goby. Beautiful fish, keeps my sand pristine but like others he is a royal PITA as he gets sand over all my low lying corals. Tried putting my acans on rocks to get them up higher which has helped a bit but still messy. If I could catch him, I probably pull him out but I can’t so every day I go with my coral feeder and blow the sand off the corals multiple times in a day. Annoying.
 
Here’s a pic of the little f@cker.
 

Attachments

  • 035A766C-8AB4-4B84-AE6E-74318D8B8410.jpeg
    035A766C-8AB4-4B84-AE6E-74318D8B8410.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 49
Here's my Diamond Goby, Ichabod. He keeps the sand squeaky clean!
 

Attachments

  • 20211212_152253.jpg
    20211212_152253.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 50

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top