Lettuce Nudibranch aka sea slug lettuce question?.

Yuki Rihwa

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 16, 2017
Messages
751
Reaction score
853
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got 2x Lettuce Nudibranch (2~3 inches long if they stretch out) or some folks would call it Sea Slug Lettuce for quite sometimes, they were on rock or bottom tank or on clams shell. Recently, they are moved right next to the edge water surface and each one chose the spot that got direct strong flow from power head and stay there, each slug face each own power head and enjoy the flow, they didn't move out of that spot day or night, what's going on with them?
 
Sounds like they found a happy spot... Nudibranchs can sometimes go weeks (possibly even months) without needing to eat, so it's possible that they are just full and need some time to recover. Not really sure, though - I've never had one in my tank.

How long have you had them in yours?
 
Sounds like they found a happy spot... Nudibranchs can sometimes go weeks (possibly even months) without needing to eat, so it's possible that they are just full and need some time to recover. Not really sure, though - I've never had one in my tank.

How long have you had them in yours?
I got them for couple weeks.
 
Each species of nudi generally eats something very specific. If you don't have that in your tank - or not enough of it to keep them fed - then they will eventually starve.
 
I do have some green algae in my tank but not sure it's bryopsis or something else, they finished them all.
Bring them back if you do not have bryopsis. That is all they eat and it will 100% wilt away and starve.
Use a sea hare if you have gha
 
Each species of nudi generally eats something very specific. If you don't have that in your tank - or not enough of it to keep them fed - then they will eventually starve.
Bring them back if you do not have bryopsis. That is all they eat and it will 100% wilt away and starve.
Use a sea hare if you have gha
Thanks! I took it back to the store.
 
Kinda too bad really.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/say-hello-to-my-little-friend-the-lettuce-nudibranch.273880/

They are photosynthetic, that's why they like the top of the tank.

You may also be surprised at what they actually eat.
http://www.seaslugforum.net/showall/elyscris
Like the article says "it is part of their nutrition." I have owned two of them. Both with plenty of lighting to have part of their nutrition. When they ran out of bryopsis. Both died a week or two later. The worst part was watching them grow so weak. That they couldn't hold on to anything and would get stuck in filters, powerheads, and protein skimmer intake.
 
Like the article says "it is part of their nutrition." I have owned two of them. Both with plenty of lighting to have part of their nutrition. When they ran out of bryopsis. Both died a week or two later. The worst part was watching them grow so weak. That they couldn't hold on to anything and would get stuck in filters, powerheads, and protein skimmer intake.
Yes I know.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top