- Joined
- Sep 2, 2020
- Messages
- 17
- Reaction score
- 4
- Location
- London
- What state or country do you live in
- United Kingdom
Hi guys
Im about 3 months into having my tank and added a Xenia around a month and a half ago, when I saw that it was doing ok I wanted to add some more coral so bought some test kits. All my parameters were within the recommended ranges except phosphate which was 0.25 on the Salifert kits. I couldn’t understand why it was so high, so I tested the saltwater still in the container and again 0.25.
I thought I must have a broken kit so I went to a different lfs (much further away) and they had a Hanna phosphate checker which measured it as 0.3!
is there any reason why a lfs would sell saltwater with that high phosphate? Is it something I should mention to the owner?
thanks for the advice in advance.
Zav
Im about 3 months into having my tank and added a Xenia around a month and a half ago, when I saw that it was doing ok I wanted to add some more coral so bought some test kits. All my parameters were within the recommended ranges except phosphate which was 0.25 on the Salifert kits. I couldn’t understand why it was so high, so I tested the saltwater still in the container and again 0.25.
I thought I must have a broken kit so I went to a different lfs (much further away) and they had a Hanna phosphate checker which measured it as 0.3!
is there any reason why a lfs would sell saltwater with that high phosphate? Is it something I should mention to the owner?
thanks for the advice in advance.
Zav

