Life expectancy of strawberry crabs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,175
Reaction score
1,549
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if anyone has an idea on life expectancy for this guy: https://m.liveaquaria.com/product/1907/?pcatid=1907

I’ve had mine for nearly 2 years now. I can go a couple of months without seeing her and then she’ll pop up. Just transferred everything to a new tank and she was out cruising around last night. Just curious how long she can be expected to live.

This is Rosa:
BBF4058E-3A90-4E9E-BCCE-341C2ACA5246.jpeg
 
A lot will depend on unknown age of crab, tank environment, water quality, diet and sufficient calcium for its shell and molt
 
Yup, definitely a lot of factors and I have no idea how old she was when I got her. But if the life expectancy was 2 years, I’d know she was on borrowed time. Glad it will probably be longer. I don’t see her often, but it’s exciting when I do!
 
So I spotted her the other night. She’s quite large now! I thought her color looked quite dull:
03CB8F7F-F7B6-4824-A362-E44EBD4A098A.jpeg


Sure enough, guess who just molted!
48A7F61E-F249-4787-9D68-F1A74848A633.jpeg

C8C95F5E-414C-4EC6-9B6F-14E02BE1DE34.jpeg
 
I hadn't seen Rosa for a long time - probably several months. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed she must have molted:

1669916711516.png


Then during my evening check before bed, she was out cruising around again, in an entirely different color LOL. She's nearly 3 years old now.
1669916777688.png
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top