Lighting for 100 gal mixed reef (fish, sps, lps, softies)

ncjeepguy75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2021
Messages
114
Reaction score
126
Location
Fuquay-Varina, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get some ideas on tank lighting and don't really want to break the bank. The tank measures 36in long X 24in wide X 28in deep with a 1.5 inch sand bed. I have been looking at the various AquaIllumiation models to see if they might best suit the need while having an app to help with adjustments and not being in the "lemme empty my bank account" price range.
 
If you’re just starting out and want fool proof lighting that’s cheap and reliable I would get an Ati fixture and a reefbrite strip. This set up will grow anything.
 
If you’re just starting out and want fool proof lighting that’s cheap and reliable I would get an Ati fixture and a reefbrite strip. This set up will grow anything.
OK so looking at the ATI fixtures they run about $1,000...Is there a specific one you were referring to or is there another brand that might be cheaper as to not break the bank?
 
OK so looking at the ATI fixtures they run about $1,000...Is there a specific one you were referring to or is there another brand that might be cheaper as to not break the bank?
A brand new 36 inch 8 bulb sun power and a 36 inch reefbrite xho strip will cost around 1k.
Or you can find a used Ati powermodule and not have to get the reefbrite.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top