Lighting for 20”x20” mixed cube?

xxoczukxx

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2017
Messages
243
Reaction score
110
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I have a g5 xr15 pro on the tank, however when i measured the par the readings were lower than i wanted (3-350 under surface, 200 on rockwork with all channels at max. Around 30 less when running ab+). Rockwork is about another 7” below the surface

i currently have decent growth for montis and a couple acros but id really like something a bit stronger so i can grow some higher intensity corals and have them keep their color. Hoping for maybe 300-400 par on the top of the rockwork?

any suggestions? I was considering a reefbreeder photon v2 or getting some sort of supplementary light for the radion
 
Currently I have a g5 xr15 pro on the tank, however when i measured the par the readings were lower than i wanted (3-350 under surface, 200 on rockwork with all channels at max. Around 30 less when running ab+). Rockwork is about another 7” below the surface

i currently have decent growth for montis and a couple acros but id really like something a bit stronger so i can grow some higher intensity corals and have them keep their color. Hoping for maybe 300-400 par on the top of the rockwork?

any suggestions? I was considering a reefbreeder photon v2 or getting some sort of supplementary light for the radion
I’d just upgrade to a XR30. You’ll get the punch you’re looking for. Or add another XR15.
 
I’d just upgrade to a XR30. You’ll get the punch you’re looking for. Or add another XR15.

Thats honestly what I was considering, or going t5 hybrid but upgrading or adding another xr15 seems a bit easier, though costly
 
Reef Brite makes an add on kit for the XR15, adds a bit of par and pop, and mounts right on it!
 
Reef Brite makes an add on kit for the XR15, adds a bit of par and pop, and mounts right on it!
I actually looked into them but i cant find a solid par number and some people reported only a 30-40 par increase which isnt as much as id like
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top