Lighting for Red Sea Reefer Deluxe 650 Peninsula

Lradico

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Location
New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, first time poster here! I'm picking up a Red Sea Reefer 650 Peninsula (180 gallon with sump, 140 display) on Thursday and it's coming with everything except two things: heating and lighting. As for lighting I did a little looking around and came across these:


Has anyone had experience with this brand/model? Viparspectra 165w/300w LEDs? Would these work for a mixed reef? Or are there any other recommendations for reasonably budget-friendly lights? My price range is ~$600 for lighting budget.

Thank you all!
 
Sorry, didn't see that thread. Looks like they're well received. Thank you!
No need to be sorry. I think it was a couple pages back.

Lots of people use them, as they are probably the most popular 'black box."
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top