Lighting Recommendations for 24” Long Nuvo 20

dmmitchell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
138
Reaction score
24
Location
Bangor, Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently my reef tank is outfitted with two AI Prime 16 HDs, but one is starting to reach end of life so I’m exploring new options.

The tank is predominately softies and euphyllia, plus fish.

I’d welcome your recommendations. Thank you!
 
The prime 16 hd is a relatively new light so im not so sure you have actually reached the end of its life. It may be better to check it with a par meter and compare the par results of newer one vs the older light
When did you buy them?
 
I run a kessil a350we over my 20 AIO observation tank.
20210621_152836.jpg
 
Looking for new lights eh?

I’d classify your corals as “Cheap Dates” so that’s a win.

I have tried all the major brands and always come back to Ecotech. That isn’t to say they don’t have their faults. However, for me, once programmed, they have lasted the longest over AI and Kessil by far. I’m looking at a 20g long planted tank with a single XR15 (FW) next to me and while there is a bit of shade on the sides, it makes it look dramatic and interesting.

Foe your tank, I’d probably go with 2, XR15 lights. I would also get some eel river covers for them to cut down on light bleed.

could absolutely get away with one though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top