Lighting to make coral colors pronounced

jpxp90

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
86
Reaction score
80
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! First time posting here.
I had recently bought some indo gold torches and I was wondering how i would set my lighting to get the coloration that i saw when it was in the other tank. I currently have a radion xr 15 blue g5 and I am running it on the preset lps/softies setting.
Attached are the photos of the goldy in my current settings and then once with the orange film on it.
image2.jpg
image1.jpg
image0.jpg


Tomorrow I'm going to be getting this new goldy and im wondering how i can set my settings to make it look similar.
Any help would be much appreciated!
1587423224726.png
 
this is a video of the mother colony that i got it from, their colors are really bright, is that just for show?
 

Attachments

  • video0.mov
    3.7 MB
this is a video of the mother colony that i got it from, their colors are really bright, is that just for show?
Nah, no show. The majority of stuff you see for sale are either edited or photographed with filters. It'll likely never look like the picture of what you bought, and what you bought likely never actually looked like the picture. It's like Instagram models but at least what you paid for to come to your house won't give you a disease.
 
Interesting. Thanks everyone!
 
The problem is most stuff looks best with more blue, blue is on the opposite color spectrum as gold. So if your priority is for your gold torch and other gold dominant colors to pop, you need to turn down your blues. You will really make your overall tank pretty ugly if you start to tune in the spectrum to enhance your gold colors, so I really wouldn't recommend that. I would start with adjusting your blues down a bit. The reason in your last pic your gold torch pops more is because orange is opposite to blue and neutralizes the blue tones.

The pic from Cali Kid is fake, fake, fake.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top