Lights for Red Sea Reefer 250 your opinion needed

Sordfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2019
Messages
243
Reaction score
232
Location
Toronto
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of setting up a Red Sea 250. I will start with a mixed reef set up and as the tank matures move to a mostly SPS tank. I have 3 AI Prime HDs. I now have the opportunity to get a great deal on a Hydra 26 HD. The idea is I’d replace one of the AI Prime HDs with the Hydra 26HD. I am having a tough time making a decision. Should I buy the AI Hydra 26 HD? Or would that be wasting my money? Are the 3 Prime HDs fine for my goals. What do you think?
 
I would just stick with your primes. I really don't think an extra puck would make a difference in that tank in terms of coverage since 3 AI's would cover it.
 
I am in the process of setting up a Red Sea 250. I will start with a mixed reef set up and as the tank matures move to a mostly SPS tank. I have 3 AI Prime HDs. I now have the opportunity to get a great deal on a Hydra 26 HD. The idea is I’d replace one of the AI Prime HDs with the Hydra 26HD. I am having a tough time making a decision. Should I buy the AI Hydra 26 HD? Or would that be wasting my money? Are the 3 Prime HDs fine for my goals. What do you think?
3 prime 16’s here
Mixed reef with nice high end SPS growing on the top of back rocks about 2/3 from top. It would be cheeper to add a fourth if needed down the road. I don’t have any Chanel over 94% and the rest are quite a bit lower

CEAFED49-7273-49EB-9F7E-5435B0315727.jpeg 83AA514C-E73D-470C-881F-5870A5C70164.png
 
Thank you so much for your feedback. I was worried that I’d have to run the primes at such a high level that I’d fry them. I’ll save the money for corals instead :)
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top