Lights turning tank glass greenish-brown.

Sfplaya1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
184
Reaction score
76
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tired of having to clean my lights every other day. I believe either I have my lights on too long or the intensity is too high. I've been trying to edit it so that it could start at 6 pm and end at about 1 am or so but i suck at using this apex controller thing.
cX9T1vv.png
 
Getting blasted by natural sunlight is definitely not helping. What are your nutrient levels?
 
Getting blasted by natural sunlight is definitely not helping. What are your nutrient levels?
I have taped the blinds to minimize the sunlight.
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
Phosphate:0
Salinity:1.026
Temp:79.8
PH:8.09

I dont have a kit to measure alk or calc atm I finished and haven't gone to the lfs in a month or so.
 
FWIW, I clean the greenish algae haze off my glass every 2-3 days. To me, it’s just a part of my routine reefing duties.
 
Also, look at reducing your light cycle. As it stands, you’re going from 9am to 11pm... that’s 14 hours! If it were me, I’d do an 8 hour full intensity schedule with an hour ramp up before and an hour ramp down after for a total of 10 hours.
 
Also, look at reducing your light cycle. As it stands, you’re going from 9am to 11pm... that’s 14 hours! If it were me, I’d do an 8 hour full intensity schedule with an hour ramp up before and an hour ramp down after for a total of 10 hours.
I suck at using this thing to make a schedule. I was using a premade scheme.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top