Ligthing for 120g 4x2x2 mixed reef under $1200

That's good to hear. I don't expect the colors to look quite as nice as they would under the AI fixtures but hoping for something nicer than what I currently have.
While growth isn't really a concern at this point (I would actually love to never have to put my hand in the tank again and trim corals). I would just be concerned that if they weren't growing they are on their way to dying. Maybe that is the wrong thought process...
Lol you’ll get as good as, if not better colors than you’ll get under hydras.
 
My photon arrived today. But I'm still not wet. But I'll definitely be lighting my dry rock haha. I like how I can control more channels than a black box and it's a reasonable price for a 120g tank
 
100% all channels but it is dry
15876882398951188107337996940929.jpg
 
I cannot wait to play with settings. I can tell it's going to suck to dial but wow these lights are bright
 
Awesome! Now put enough water in there to cover those rocks, add a power head and get that cycle started. What are you waiting for?
I have to run return lines. And start mixing water. It will take about a week to fill the tank and sump. Have a 32g trash can. So 5hrs full can mix salt for a day. Pump water in. 5hrs mix a day pump in. So it's going to be a long process. Idk how else to fill the tank.
Kessil ap700?
Reefbreeders photon 48"
 
I have to run return lines. And start mixing water. It will take about a week to fill the tank and sump. Have a 32g trash can. So 5hrs full can mix salt for a day. Pump water in. 5hrs mix a day pump in. So it's going to be a long process. Idk how else to fill the tank.

Reefbreeders photon 48"
I just filled my tank today. I simply ran a line from my RO system right to the tank. Once it had enough water to turn on powerheads I started mixing salt right in the tank. One of the advantages of dry rock and sand! Of course I also have a 400gpd RODI system, so only took about 12 hours to fill the tank (~200g total volume). I am hoping to transfer everything from my 75g this weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress! Keep us updated on it.
 
I just filled my tank today. I simply ran a line from my RO system right to the tank. Once it had enough water to turn on powerheads I started mixing salt right in the tank. One of the advantages of dry rock and sand! Of course I also have a 400gpd RODI system, so only took about 12 hours to fill the tank (~200g total volume). I am hoping to transfer everything from my 75g this weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress! Keep us updated on it.

my 75g rodi sees you and.......

well, it'll be awhile before my 100g is filled
 
I just filled my tank today. I simply ran a line from my RO system right to the tank. Once it had enough water to turn on powerheads I started mixing salt right in the tank. One of the advantages of dry rock and sand! Of course I also have a 400gpd RODI system, so only took about 12 hours to fill the tank (~200g total volume). I am hoping to transfer everything from my 75g this weekend.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours progress! Keep us updated on it.
Guess I could run my 150gpd straight to the tank. Thanks
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top