Lineatus Fairy Wrasse keeps knocking himself out.

well don't know if he knocked himself out again or what. But came home from work and he was laying died on the bottom of the tank today :-(
 
Ah, that’s a bummer. I have a 5” male and he is spectacular. Just bad luck I’d imagine.
 
Last edited:
Ah, that’s a bummer. I have a 5” male and he is sparcracular. Just bad luck I’d imagine.
Guess that's what I get for naming him "Lucky". His colors reminded me of Lucky Charms...lol, not so much. In my 5 months reefing he is now my first fish I've lost :-(.
 
Talking about the Clearview lids made by Artfully Acrylic. No direct shadowing from the mesh at all, less light intensity reduction than a solid glass or acrylic lid, and keeps the tank much cooler. If it still gets a bit warm in the summer, it's easy to have a fan blow across the water surface right through the lid.
I agree. Artfully acrylic makes great stuff. They will customize to fit any application as well. They are a must with wrasses. Wrasse do dart into glass but they typically jump upward. So the mesh prevents serious damage. Here is mine:

IMG_20181104_181746639_HDR-3006x4008.jpg
 
well don't know if he knocked himself out again or what. But came home from work and he was laying died on the bottom of the tank today :-(

Sorry to hear that :(
 
well don't know if he knocked himself out again or what. But came home from work and he was laying died on the bottom of the tank today :-(

I'm very sorry for your loss. I still miss mine tbh. :oops:
 
Now..........

Thats_Entertainment_Stoke.jpg
 
Typical of wrasse and I agree on the net type cover for both light penetration and safety of fish.
 
I’m sorry to hear that. I lost a terminal male Rhomboid that was similar (very easily frightened). He jumped out of the one small gap in my screen cover, which I addressed after that incident. I came home to find him dead on top of the screen.
 
Sorry to hear about your loss of such a beautiful fish :(
This post must’ve brought back my bad luck. Last night I was looking at my tank as the lights shut off and my cleaner wrasse darted and hit the rocks so hard he knocked himself out. After a few minutes he got up, swam upside down in circles and died. Cheap, but was still one of my favorite fish. All losses are unfortunate in my opinion though.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top