Little snail like critters appeared on rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter Qasim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Qasim

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2017
Messages
286
Reaction score
121
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello for the past few days under UV light or night time we can say little critter have started to appeare on rocks as on the pictures below. They are not seen during day time might be hiding within the rocks but the look like little tiny snails. I have like 5-6 snails looking adult but I dont if they are adults or not. The little ones have covered a amount of rock surface hopefully they are next gen cuc in my tank :D

Sorry for the photos dont show up clearly one have to zoom in to see the critters

Thanks :)

9CDC4EA3-118B-4244-8337-A131ECB37309.jpeg


B125B417-0D8B-4B80-9E15-9B68E539C22D.jpeg


B5F84D48-FDF9-4929-8298-610081BE7490.jpeg
 
I concur on the ID

Under the right conditions, they can breed to nuisance levels, clog up pumps and powerheads. Usually doesn't last, they seem to die off after a while.
 
Here are better photos showing them under nirmal light

41C37CCC-D01B-47A9-900F-02FA84E060DA.jpeg


F47CE0D0-507C-4EC3-BFF9-C5407FA52AED.jpeg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top