Local School looking for new sump - sprung a leak

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Joined
Jan 13, 2016
Messages
1,574
Reaction score
880
Location
Poland, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I donate my time at a local elementary school in north east ohio that has a 120 gallon reef tank in their library. Its been running for a few years now and the sump sprung a slow leak. The school needs to purchase a new one so im looking for a company that will work with us. The school doesn’t have that much money so im going to donate a portion of it myself.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any manufacturers for sumps that i should get in touch with that can work with us? I am doing a leg work for the principle, he will be the doing contact.

The existing sump is 42” long x 15” tall x 17 3/4 deep. The skimmer section is 11 3/4” wide. The odd ball is the return pump is on the left and the drains are on the right.

This sump was purchased from a tank/sump fabricator. After it being in service for a few years i decided to give it a good cleaning so i moved it. I put it back in place and discovered a small leak, since there was a leak i checked all seams and ALL 4 corners of this sump have bad acrylic welds. I was able to slide a piece of paper between the panels in each corner. Its almost a blessing that it happened how it did because it would have failed at one point. So we contacted the guy who made it and he’s not willing to do anything about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Is there a commercially available sump that will work, and if so what would it cost?
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top