Long nose butterfly, changing blotches on fin

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kershaw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
I assure you there are some small white dots on a few parts of skin. Very hard to see. Like I said my friend this morning at work said when he woke up and turned lights on the fish looked covered. And by the time I got there around 330 they where mostly gone.

image.jpeg
 
@Kershaw How long were the white spots on the fish before disappearing? This is very important to know.
 
Well we have to be at work by 7 so he seen them around 6am and we went to his house at about 330. And they where not there before he went to bed last night.
 
Thanks we where reading your wright ups today. He seems pretty depressed and I think over whelmed. I do t think he sure what to do. I think he has to many fish to qt them all in his 30 gallon.
 
Just wanted to update this. A 110 gallon tank was set up and all rock, coral and inverts moved to new tank. My friend started had 10 fish in his tank before butterfly. He now only has 2 left. A yellow tang and fox face. The QT is being treated with copper. Fox face and tang do not show any signs and are eating like pigs. Some fish are believed to have been killed by the copper, mainly 2 anthieas as they showed no signs and didn't even make it 24 hours in copper. The other fish that died where covered in spots.
 
The other fish that died where covered in spots.

Did he perform a FW dip and chemical bath prior to treating with copper? Because before I started doing those two steps, I didn't save any of my test subjects with velvet.
 
Yea on fresh water. I don't think he did chemical bath.

I tried just doing a FW dip beforehand, still lost them all. It wasn't until I started doing the acriflavine bath following the FW dip, that my success rate shot up to 60-70%. Even with badly infected specimens.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top