Long Tentacle Plate Stung by Hammer, Dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BSej
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None
Leave the skeleton in the tank, plate corals are known to come back from bare skeleton so its not impossible
I had an orange plate that had a torch fall on it. It lost about 1/4 of its flesh. After several months a baby popped up. Once it detached flesh grew back over the spot.
 
It’s been one of my best corals always open and growing. Will blast that away. Will it be fine?
For future reference should I remove any rotting coral? I’m not sure what the conclusion was. The other half is rotting now and I want to know if I should rid of it before that purple jelly goes everywhere again.
Any rotting can potentially foul water and can be siphoned. Give it gentle blasts.
Purple jelly may be cyano with can be blasted away and siphoned and Assure you have adequate flow, phios level not elevated and skimmer if one working efficiently
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top