Looking for a fish recommendation in a 30 gallon tank

holdthecoffee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
103
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, looking for a reef safe, peaceful fish (can't attack shrimps, clams or gobies) that likes to eat algae for a 30 gallon tank.
 
Hi, looking for a reef safe, peaceful fish (can't attack shrimps, clams or gobies) that likes to eat algae for a 30 gallon tank.


Lawnmower blennys are awesome. They won't necessarily eat your algae, but they will eat off the rocks and glass and in the process get som algae. They have great personalities and are chameleons.

No really good algae eaters for smaller tanks I'm aware of. Tangs are best for that.

Screenshot_20211026-142637_Chrome.jpg
 
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have two watchman gobies and I think he might not get along.
 
What do you currently have in the tank, and do you have a picture of your tank?
need a bit more info to make proper recommendations
 
I got a clown fish w/ anemone, two watchman gobies w/ a randalli shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, two star fish and a clean up crew of hermits/snails.

Tank is 1.5 years old, has a bit of algae in it, but otherwise is doing good. It's a standard petco 30 gallon tank in dimensions.
 
Other than a blenny, I'm not sure you can get a dedicated algae eater fish for that sized tank. You could get a tuxedo urchin though. Those things crush some algae!
 
I got a clown fish w/ anemone, two watchman gobies w/ a randalli shrimp, a skunk cleaner shrimp, two star fish and a clean up crew of hermits/snails.

Tank is 1.5 years old, has a bit of algae in it, but otherwise is doing good. It's a standard petco 30 gallon tank in dimensions.
Maybe a picture? I'm looking for inspiration as into what to add into my aquriam next...
 
A court jester goby will eat some algae, but not a lot. The size of the tank really limits your algae eating fish options
 
Hi, looking for a reef safe, peaceful fish (can't attack shrimps, clams or gobies) that likes to eat algae for a 30 gallon tank.
So, I don’t know if this is just mine but, my Escenius lineatus munches on algae growing on the back of my tank (Specifically hair algae) like it’s going to die off. This is the main reason I always leave algae to grow on Atleast one side of the tank when a Blenny is in there or even just any algae eater.
 
I have a YWG and a lawnmower blenny in my 30 gallon. The goby stays in the sand with the shrimp and the blenny stays on the rocks. They don't really interact with each other.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top