- Joined
- Nov 20, 2017
- Messages
- 24
- Reaction score
- 13
- What state or country do you live in
Hi,
This is my first time posting on the forum and was looking for some advice/suggestions on how I could improve on my filtration and just get some general feedback on my setup.
The tank is an Aqua One Aquareef 300 which I've had for about 7 months, I'm still running the stock LEDs that came with the tank and the wavemaker is a Jebao CP40.
I currently don't have a lot of fish in the tank apart from a green chromis, cherub angelfish and a firefish. Along with a few invertebrates, some snails, hermit crabs and cleaner shrimp.
In the refugium I have the stock Aqua One skimmer which I've been wanting to upgrade just don't know where I would fit a new skimmer in my sump (without touching the refugium). A V2 IlumenAir Compact to grow chaeto with some live rock and the stock return pump that came with the tank.
Please excuse the quality of the pictures (and the mess that is my sump)
I will be adding more fish soon and just don't want to run into any issues so thought I'd post on here! Would love to see some pictures of similar setups and sumps and how you guys deal with the bioload in your tank.
Cheers,
Gus
This is my first time posting on the forum and was looking for some advice/suggestions on how I could improve on my filtration and just get some general feedback on my setup.
The tank is an Aqua One Aquareef 300 which I've had for about 7 months, I'm still running the stock LEDs that came with the tank and the wavemaker is a Jebao CP40.
I currently don't have a lot of fish in the tank apart from a green chromis, cherub angelfish and a firefish. Along with a few invertebrates, some snails, hermit crabs and cleaner shrimp.
In the refugium I have the stock Aqua One skimmer which I've been wanting to upgrade just don't know where I would fit a new skimmer in my sump (without touching the refugium). A V2 IlumenAir Compact to grow chaeto with some live rock and the stock return pump that came with the tank.
Please excuse the quality of the pictures (and the mess that is my sump)
I will be adding more fish soon and just don't want to run into any issues so thought I'd post on here! Would love to see some pictures of similar setups and sumps and how you guys deal with the bioload in your tank.
Cheers,
Gus
![IMAG0435[762].jpg IMAG0435[762].jpg](https://test9.reef2reef.com/data/attachments/676/676724-1b2d02e3b5e6aa51753ee43448381ed4.jpg?hash=Gy0C47Xmql)
![IMAG0437[760].jpg IMAG0437[760].jpg](https://test9.reef2reef.com/data/attachments/676/676725-2b7ce37f36f12cf465e0d1433dd3c9e6.jpg?hash=K3zjfzbxLP)

