Looking for an adjustable weir for Aquatop Recife 24g

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tozame
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users None

Tozame

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2022
Messages
430
Reaction score
408
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
West Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anywhere that sells an adjustable weir for an Aquatop Recife Eco 24g? I saw one in a thread and would love to know where to pick one up as the built in weir doesn't skim the surface no matter the water level. I attached the picture I found showing the weir in someone elses build from a really old thread. Any other alternatives to that could work to keep the surface from developing an oil film would be great as well.

Adjustable Weir.jpg
 
You can make one with acrylic sheeting and set the sheeting to your ideal water level and long enough to rest inside the entire length of your sump. No glue required if you have stuff pushing against the plate enough to make a mini dam for that 1/4" or whatever of water to be held up.
 
Would be a good 3d printing project. I'd say I could whip something up for you but I'm not overly confident I'd have the ability to make it adjustable for your specific water height.

I made something similar for my tank to keep smaller shrimp from falling into the rear sump area, although it does not raise the height of the actual water level which can pour back into the filter -
PXL_20230206_164050494 (1).jpg
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top