Looking for some chloroquine phosphate in Los Angeles area.

holdthecoffee

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2020
Messages
103
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a fish in qt that has gone through a round of copper, but want to switch to chloroquine phosphate. I was wondering if anyone in los angeles had some on hand that I could dose a 10 gallon tank, or know a vet that would be willing to prescribe some. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also willing to pay for shipping if someone has some and are willing to ship it. Thanks in advance.
 
Bump....
You also might want to try the Marketplace forums if you haven't already.
 
Hi, I have a fish in qt that has gone through a round of copper, but want to switch to chloroquine phosphate. I was wondering if anyone in los angeles had some on hand that I could dose a 10 gallon tank, or know a vet that would be willing to prescribe some. Any help would be appreciated. I'm also willing to pay for shipping if someone has some and are willing to ship it. Thanks in advance.

Good luck! There was a person selling it on Ebay, but I just checked, no current listings. What happened was those two stupid people took chloroquine from an aquarium to try and treat COVID. The backlash was that chloroquine was taken off the market everywhere - even Fishman Chemical (supplies bulks meds to public aquariums) no longer lists it. I had written an online article on Chloroquine about five years back. Reporters began citing that and calling it a "tank cleaner" (because I discussed how it kills algae). A total debacle....

Your only hope would be to find some old stock, or convince your vet that you wouldn't try to dose yourself with it!

Jay Hemdal
 
Watch out asking for that...
The mayor over there may forcibly quarantine you and your fish.

And have DWP turn off your water and power.
 

IF YOU HAD TO TAKE A REEFING EXAM, WOULD YOU PASS?

  • Yes!

    Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

    Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 3 4.3%
Back
Top